Gaissau-Hintersee Ski Resort
34 kilometres of pistes
The popular ski resort of Gaissau-Hintersee has 34 kilometres of excellent pistes which await you in the Salzburg Land region. The free ski bus will take you from Gasthof Hintersee to the ski lift in a couple of minutes.
Did you know that…..
- 29 kms of pistes are higher than 1000 m above sea level
- statistically seen we are one of the safest skiing areas in Salzburg
- there are 9 lifts and 10 cosy mountain cabins
- our day passes are up to 30% cheaper than the average prices in Salzburg
- there is a 700 m long snowpark with 4 grades of difficulty
- in Gaissau-Hintersee there are 3 race and training courses for ski clubs
- Gaissau-Hintersee is a "snow-hole" and that an average of 6.5 m of snow falls yearly
Pistes in Gaissau-Hintersee
More than 34 kms of perfectly prepared pistes of different levels of difficulty will make your winter holiday in the Salzkammergut region one to remember. There are 20 kms of easy pistes and 19kms of medium pistes for beginners or those who just want to enjoy skiing. If you are more of an athletic skier then you will find a professional piste, a racing course and a boarder park.
Pleasure and variety
Enjoy the different mix of pistes – skiing with your family, ski tours or snow shoe hiking, freestyle, cross country skiing, delicious local specialities or just a winter's day hiking in the warm sun.
Did you always want to have a go on a pistenbully? You can do that in Gaissau-Hintersee. You can book the Pistenbully adventure from Monday to Thursday. It takes about 1.5 hours (1 hour of which you will be shown what to do and then you can drive it yourself). You will also get a certificate afterwards. Prices start at €249.00.
Ski tours in the ski resort Gaissau-Hintersee
The ski resort Gaissau-Hintersee is popular among those going on ski tours as it is well laid out. There is a wide variety of ski tours from easy to the more strenuous. Whichever tour you choose you can be sure of one thing: the view of the Alps and the scenery is breathtaking.
- 3 peaks – Anzenberg, Wieserhörndl, Spielberg
- 10 alpine cabins
- ski tours every Wednesday until 10 p.m.
- € 5.00 car park fee per car, € 7.00 charge for the weekend
Events in the ski resort Gaissau Hintersee
There are more than 15 different events in the category sport, family and youngsters – ensuring that your skiing holiday won't be boring!
Let's go to Hintersee
Family Ebner and their team are ready to help you relax after a fun day skiing in Hintersee. Send us your enquiry today.