Gaissau-Hintersee ski resort
30 kilometres of piste
The ski resort of Gaissau-Hintersee is one of the most popular and snow-sure ski resorts in the Salzburg region. Almost 30 prepared, marked piste kilometres invite travellers to ski runs and ski touring right outside the city of Salzburg. And you don't even need a car, as 2 free skiing buses take you from the three-star Hotel DAS Hintersee to the lifts of the ski resort Gaissau-Hintersee.
Did you know that...
- ...25 piste kilometres are 1,000 metres above sea level
- ...the ski resort Gaissau-Hintersee is one of the safest ski resorts in Salzburg
- ...there are 8 lifts to take you to the ski areas
- ... 8 old-style cabins and the Gasthof DAS Hintersee can serve you culinary delights on sunny terraces
- ... Gaissau-Hintersee has a racetrack and practice track
- ...Beginners can look forward to 2 practice areas with child-friendly lifts
- ...ski tours run on Wednesdays until 10 p.m.
The pistes Gaissau-Hintersee has to offer
30 kilometres of perfectly prepared slopes for a range of abilities offer varied winter leisure fun for all the family in the Salzkammergut. Those who can appreciate the sporting thrill of skiing in Salzburg region will enjoy the extra kilometre of professional piste and having their own race track. A place where tomorrow's skiing stars will be born!
Fun and variety in Salzburg region
Enjoy the wide variety of pistes, skiing with the family, ski touring and snowshoe hiking, freestyle, cross-country, tasty cabin food or simply relaxing winter walks in the warm sunshine.
Touring in a ski resort before the gates of Salzburg
Touring skiers have regarded the skiing resort of Gaissau-Hintersee as a special place for many years. The organised ski area away from the exposed alps and threat of avalanches offers all types of tour, from the enjoyable and easy, to the sporty, challenging and arduous. One thing is certain: every skier is rewarded with an incredible panoramic view of the surrounding alps.