Gaissau-Hintersee ski resort
30 kilometres of piste
Unfortunately, the Gaissau-Hintersee ski area is temporarily closed. As soon as exact information about the opening of the ski area is known, we will be very happy to inform you. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone at +43 6224 8900-0 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
The ski resort of Gaissau-Hintersee is one of the most popular and snow-sure ski resorts in the Salzburg region. Almost 30 prepared, marked piste kilometres invite travellers to ski runs and ski touring right outside the city of Salzburg. And you don't even need a car, as 2 free skiing buses take you from the four-star Hotel DAS Hintersee to the lifts of the ski resort Gaissau-Hintersee.
Did you know that ...
- ... almost 25 kilometres of pistes are above 1000 metres above sea level
- ... the Gaissau-Hintersee ski area is statistically one of the safest ski areas in Salzburg
- ... there are 8 lifts to transport you around the ski area
- ... 8 traditional ski huts and the Gasthof DAS Hintersee with sun terraces will spoil you with culinary delights
- ... Gaissau-Hintersee has its own race and training tracks
- ... beginners can expect 2 practice areas with child-friendly ascent aids
- ... ski touring is possible every Wednesday until 22:00 hrs on the touring evening.
Piste offer Gaissau-Hintersee
Your varied leisure pleasure for the whole family on winter holiday in the Salzkammergut: 30 kilometres of perfectly groomed pistes, lots of natural snow, different levels of difficulty. Especially those who appreciate the sporting challenge of skiing in Salzburger Land can look forward to a 1-kilometre-long professional slope and a dedicated race track. This is where skiing aces are born!
Fun and variety in Salzburg region
Enjoy the wide variety of pistes, skiing with the family, ski touring and snowshoe hiking, freestyle, cross-country, tasty cabin food or simply relaxing winter walks in the warm sunshine.
Touring in a ski resort before the gates of Salzburg
Touring skiers have regarded the skiing resort of Gaissau-Hintersee as a special place for many years. The organised ski area away from the exposed alps and threat of avalanches offers all types of tour, from the enjoyable and easy, to the sporty, challenging and arduous. One thing is certain: every skier is rewarded with an incredible panoramic view of the surrounding alps.