Explore the skitours in Salzburgerland
Easy: Broad pistes free of obstacles. Slopes do not exceed 20°. Turns in deep snow. Mastery of the 'stem turn' technique is required.
Medium: Steep slopes (20 - 25°), free of obstacles. Some less steep slopes with trees or rocks.
Difficult: Very steep slopes (30 - 50°), free of obstacles. Steep slopes with trees and rocks. Steep, narrow passes. Mastery of the quick turn technique on steep slopes is required. Danger of avalanches on slopes over 30°.
Make a tour plan before beginning your ski tour.
Here are the most important points to remember:
- Where will I be touring?
- Which are the best slopes to take?
- How has the weather been in the last few days?
- How much snow has fallen in the area?
- Wind direction etc.
- Official avalanche service
- Avalanche ratings
- Inform yourself about local conditions. Good sources of information are the local police, local authorities, tourist information, ski schools or mountain guides and the mountain rescue service.
Skis, skins, avalanche beeper. Replace the batteries in your avalanche beeper and switch on at the start of the tour. Warm clothing, hat and gloves are always required. Don't forget that mobile phones may not work everywhere in the mountains.
Beginners should always be accompanied by a tour guide on their tours. Guides are a valuable source of information and can teach the skills required to tour independently.